• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

@C. sapidus 

the cabbage was cooked   ?

Id enjoy having your Rx , if possible.  

thank you

that's a dish Id like to work with .

Thanks! As @heidih said, just playing with food. But here is the general gist:

1.    Remove casing from a link of chorizo. Fry and crumble until just done and then set aside. Pour off excess sausage grease (or not, as you prefer).
2.    Core an small head of Savoy cabbage. Slice cabbage and an onion cross-ways into thin strips. Saute onion and cabbage until soft.
3.    Add minced garlic, minced Serrano chile, tomato paste, and ground cumin and sauté until the cabbage is significantly reduced. I might have also added black pepper and cayenne.
4.    Whisk two eggs with a little half-and-half and S&P. Add to pan and stir until the eggs are nearly done.
5.    Stir in cooked chorizo, chopped cilantro, Mexican oregano, and feta cheese until everything mooshes together.
6.    Adjust seasoning to taste with lime juice and salt.

I hope that helps  :smile:

And I like heidih's idea of adding potatoes.

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

@C. sapidus 

the cabbage was cooked   ?

Id enjoy having your Rx , if possible.  

thank you

that's a dish Id like to work with .

Thanks! As @heidih said, just playing with food. But here is the general gist:

1.    Remove casing from a link of chorizo. Fry and crumble until just done and then set aside. Pour off excess sausage grease (or not, as you prefer).
2.    Core an small head of Savoy cabbage. Slice cabbage and an onion cross-ways into thin strips. Saute onion and cabbage until soft.
3.    Add minced garlic, minced Serrano chile, tomato paste, and ground cumin and sauté until the cabbage is significantly reduced. I might have also added black pepper and cayenne.
4.    Whisk two eggs with a little half-and-half and S&P. Add to pan and stir until the eggs are nearly done.
5.    Stir in cooked chorizo, chopped cilantro, Mexican oregano, and feta cheese until everything mooshes together.
6.    Adjust seasoning to taste with lime juice and salt.

I hope that helps  :smile: