• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

forgot photo

On 5/10/2022 at 7:02 AM, blue_dolphin said:

My new cookbook, Six California Kitchens, has a recipe for oxtail terrine that I’ll try next. 
I like that she suggests to cook enough of the oxtail to serve on its own, then make the terrine the next day. 

Very late returning to this topic but I finally picked up a few pounds of oxtail to  try this terrine. They were $4.99/lb on special. Not super cheap but not bad either.
CC09E543-CEAE-4646-A041-9B6045509857_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.fa9dbc137339bbcc8ec5de27676dc528.jpeg

They cut them up for me but they’re still frozen so I probably won’t get started til tomorrow. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

On 5/10/2022 at 7:02 AM, blue_dolphin said:

My new cookbook, Six California Kitchens, has a recipe for oxtail terrine that I’ll try next. 
I like that she suggests to cook enough of the oxtail to serve on its own, then make the terrine the next day. 

Very late returning to this topic but I finally picked up a few pounds of oxtail to  try this terrine. They were $4.99/lb on special. Not super cheap but not bad either.

They cut them up for me but they’re still frozen so I probably won’t get started til tomorrow.