• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO Cookbook With Pâté in Pastry Recipe

eldereno

I’m looking for a cookbook that contained a recipe “pate in pastry.”  I actually hand written the entire recipe and I still have it.  I believe this was in the early 1980s.  I’d love to find that book!!!!!  It included a cream cheese pastry recipe.  Anyone have any idea where I could find this book???

Donna

8 minutes ago, eldereno said:

I’m looking for a cookbook that contained a recipe “pate in pastry.”  I actually hand written the entire recipe and I still have it.  I believe this was in the early 1980s.  I’d love to find that book!!!!!  It included a cream cheese pastry recipe.  Anyone have any idea where I could find this book???

Or might know the book?

Donna

Good luck!  The cream cheese pastry is interesting and might help someone recognize it.  

I own Terrines, Pâtés & Galantines from the Time-Life Good Cook series, Pâtés and Terrines by Friedrich Ehlert, Christian Teubner et al, and Jane Grigson's Charcuterie and French Pork Cookery and none of them have a cream cheese pastry.  Nor do any of the recipes named "Paté in Pastry" in cookbooks indexed on Eat Your Books.  

Julia Child puts cream cheese IN her chicken liver paté in Mastering the Art of French Cooking and Julia Child and More Company but neither are encased in a pastry. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...