• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

1 hour ago, Bernie said:

Well i just found this https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1806/1806.08790.pdf

Its a bit long winded but there are a few interesting temperature discussions. Then it gets technical and my eyes  glazed over and I decided I would have pork instead.

Some one might be able to make sense of it all though.

Interesting discussion.  I have a graduate degree in this stuff and my eyes glazed over too.  But then I haven't been to Naples in not quite half a century.  And when I was in Naples I never saw a pizza.  I once had pizza in Genoa but, please forgive me, it was awful.  All I can say is that with my modest 550F apartment electric oven and my one inch thick aluminum I can bake a 90 second pizza that is pretty good.  I live in what was once walking distance of Trenton, and an Italian American friend from Trenton reports that the best pizza is German.  They put mustard in the dough.

Waiting patiently for @nathanm to get off the pot and for Modernist Pizza to be published.

Edit:  and now I am off to cook my porkchop.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

59 minutes ago, Bernie said:

Well i just found this https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1806/1806.08790.pdf

Its a bit long winded but there are a few interesting temperature discussions. Then it gets technical and my eyes  glazed over and I decided I would have pork instead.

Some one might be able to make sense of it all though.

Interesting discussion.  I have a graduate degree in this stuff and my eyes glazed over too.  But then I haven't been to Naples in not quite half a century.  And when I was in Naples I never saw a pizza.  I once had pizza in Genoa but, please forgive me, it was awful.  All I can say is that with my modest 550F apartment electric oven and my one inch thick aluminum I can bake a 90 second pizza that is pretty good.  I live in what was once walking distance of Trenton, and an Italian American friend from Trenton reports that the best pizza is German.  They put mustard in the dough.

Waiting patiently for @nathanm to get off the pot and for Modernist Pizza to be published.