• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Unfortunately, good food and extraordinary natural beauty are not the only things Greece has. I freaked out a little this morning whilst drinking coffee in my room. Suddenly my chair, walls, ceiling, window panes, furniture, floor were shaking violently. Quite scary for someone who does not live in a highly seismically active region. It's still rumbling since this morning but very briefly. Still makes me feel in the stomach when it does.

Previous lunch in lovely Pyrgos village, Santorini. A platter of Santorinian products. The tomatoes, which are especially prized, have PDO status, just like the fava. Caper bushes are a common sight on the island and most people pickle the leaves, too. The double-concentrated paste is so good.

X2SMe9B.jpg

The elusive Santorini white aubergines, pickled here. They remind me a bit of Sicilian pickled aubergines that I couldn't stop eating, but this one is not exactly the same. Santorini version is much softer.

unhr05u.jpg

Mild smoked pork, quickly pan-fried. Also in the Cretan repertoire.

l8iwlYK.jpg

7WvhggL.jpg

And of course more fava

oOVyhoy.jpg

Whilst waiting for my food to arrive

xQwhZL9.jpg

Thank you, @shain

BonVivant

BonVivant

Unfortunately, good food and extraordinary natural beauty are not the only things Greece has. I freaked out a little this morning whilst drinking coffee in my room. Suddenly my chair, walls, ceiling, window panes, furniture, floor were shaking violently. Quite scary for someone who does not live in a highly seismically active region.

Previous lunch in lovely Pyrgos village, Santorini. A platter of Santorinian products. The tomatoes, which are especially prized, have PDO status, just like the fava. Caper bushes are a common sight on the island and most people pickle the leaves, too. The double-concentrated paste is so good.

X2SMe9B.jpg

The elusive Santorini white aubergines, pickled here. They remind me a bit of Sicilian pickled aubergines that I couldn't stop eating, but this one is not exactly the same. Santorini version is much softer.

unhr05u.jpg

l8iwlYK.jpg

7WvhggL.jpg

And of course more fava

oOVyhoy.jpg

xQwhZL9.jpg

Thank you, @shain

BonVivant

BonVivant

Unfortunately, good food and extraordinary natural beauty are not the only things Greece has. I freaked out a little this morning whilst drinking coffee in my room. Suddenly my chair, walls, ceiling, window panes, furniture, floor were shaking violently. Quite scary for someone who does not live in a highly seismically active region.

Previous lunch in lovely Pyrgos village, Santorini. A platter of Santorinian products. The tomatoes, which are especially prized, have PDO status, just like the fava. Caper bushes are a common sight on the island and most people pickle the leaves, too. The doble-concentrated paste is so good.

X2SMe9B.jpg

unhr05u.jpg

l8iwlYK.jpg

7WvhggL.jpg

And of course more fava

oOVyhoy.jpg

xQwhZL9.jpg

Thank you, @shain

BonVivant

BonVivant

Previous lunch in lovely Pyrgos village, Santorini. A platter of Santorinian products. The tomatoes, which are especially prized, have PDO status, just like the fava. Caper bushes are a common sight on the island and most people pickle the leaves, too. The doble-concentrated paste is so good.

X2SMe9B.jpg

unhr05u.jpg

unhr05u.jpg

l8iwlYK.jpg

7WvhggL.jpg

And of course more fava

oOVyhoy.jpg

xQwhZL9.jpg

Thank you, @shain