• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

robirdstx

robirdstx

1 hour ago, Kim Shook said:

Thank you to you and to @Shelby, then!  

Thank you. Let me elaborate. The first time I made these egg rolls was back in April and I used the Spring Home wraps as recommended in the recipe. When I wanted to make them again, I decided not to go to the Asian market for the frozen wraps, and instead bought the fresh Nasoya ones in the produce section of my grocery store. The fresh ones are thicker, but were stretchy enough to make good rolls. There is a definite difference in the finished roll. The Spring Home wrapped rolls were shatteringly crisp, while the Nasoya were a bit chewy. I liked both.

robirdstx

robirdstx

52 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

Thank you to you and to @Shelby, then!  

Thank you. Let me elaborate. The first time I made these egg rolls was back in April and I used the Spring Home wraps as recommended in the recipe. When I wanted to make them again, I decided not go to the Asian market for the frozen wraps, and instead bought the fresh Nasoya ones in the produce section of my grocery store. The fresh ones are thicker, but were stretchy enough to make good rolls. There is a definite difference in the finished roll. The Spring Home wrapped rolls were shatteringly crisp, while the Nasoya were a bit chewy. I liked both.