• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add link to recipe

Fried Egg Bánh Mì from Cook Like A Local. The recipe is available online here.

IMG_2811.thumb.jpeg.4c72c8ab551e6c0485ffb6c3554bf9f6.jpeg

Surely the messiest bánh mì I've eaten!  I used Andrea Nguyen's recipe for the rolls and to pickle carrots and daikon.  I didn't pickle the cucumber, jalapeño or the red bell pepper I added. This recipe uses a fish sauce-mayo that was an interesting alternative to the usual Maggi seasoning.  I meant to add bacon but forgot. Didn't really miss it. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Fried Egg Bánh Mì from Cook Like A Local

IMG_2811.thumb.jpeg.4c72c8ab551e6c0485ffb6c3554bf9f6.jpeg

Surely the messiest bánh mì I've eaten!  I used Andrea Nguyen's recipe for the rolls and to pickle carrots and daikon.  I didn't pickle the cucumber, jalapeño or the red bell pepper I added. This recipe uses a fish sauce-mayo that was an interesting alternative to the usual Maggi seasoning.  I meant to add bacon but forgot. Didn't really miss it.