• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add wine

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

@blue_dolphin 

Ill have to look up the Rx.

some times I like that sort of pasta w just a little bit of creamy-ness, a a hint of wine in the sauce

but id take that plate " as is " any day.

any day.

If you find yourself with some bottarga, I very much recommend following Marcella with this one.  There are a lot of recipes out there.  Some, like Anthony Bourdain's, are simpler with just olive oil and garlic.  Others, like the Batali recipe in Babbo add additional ingredients like chili peppers, tomatoes, etc.  This one allows the bottarga to be the star but adds a bit of savory/sweetness from the onion (Marcella recommends scallions but allows that regular onion is more traditional) and lemon zest for brightness.   There's also a little parsley for color and a little bitterness. Pretty much perfect to me!

Edited to add that I went out and picked up a bottle of Vermentino from Sardinia to go along with this and it was the perfect accompaniment!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

@blue_dolphin 

Ill have to look up the Rx.

some times I like that sort of pasta w just a little bit of creamy-ness, a a hint of wine in the sauce

but id take that plate " as is " any day.

any day.

If you find yourself with some bottarga, I very much recommend following Marcella with this one.  There are a lot of recipes out there.  Some, like Anthony Bourdain's, are simpler with just olive oil and garlic.  Others, like the Batali recipe in Babbo add additional ingredients like chili peppers, tomatoes, etc.  This one allows the bottarga to be the star but adds a bit of savory/sweetness from the onion (Marcella recommends scallions but allows that regular onion is more traditional) and lemon zest for brightness.   There's also a little parsley for color and a little bitterness. Pretty much perfect to me!