• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chocolot

Chocolot

I rarely clean them out. Yes, that is why I have 3:). Cleaning is fairly easy. You just drain the chocolate-It has a wonderful spigot for dispensing. Then, you have to get above it and just pull the agitator up. Probably 8-10 pounds are needed. It uses 110v. I can barely lift it when empty. It has a water jacket that is designed to be plumbed into cold water line. It heats and then cools with the water when needed. That means you need a drain. I have a water line available, but no drain. I do not have mine plumbed. I just turned it into a closed loop. It takes longer to cool, but I have worked that way for years without a problem. Mine are the old ones that have a dial timer. I adjust the heat to turn off about 3 a.m. By the time I get to work, It has cooled to the preset temp and I am ready to go. 

Chocolot

Chocolot

I rarely clean them out. Yes, that is why I have 3:). Cleaning is fairly easy. You just drain the chocolate-It has a wonderful spigot for dispensing. Then, you have to get above it and just pull the agitator up. Probably 8-10 pounds are needed. It uses 110v. I can barely lift it when empty. It has a water jacket that is designed to be plumbed into cold water line. It heats and then cools with the water when needed. That means you need a drain. I have a water line available, but no drain. I do not have mine plumbed.I just turned it into a closed loop. It takes longer to cool, but I have worked that way for years without a problem. Mine are the old ones that have a dial timer. I adjust the heat to turn off about 3 a.m. By the time I get to work, It has cooled to the preset temp and I am ready to go.