• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

I had one open concept kitchen - open to a great room!  The TV and surround sound bout drove me nuts. I do like having a counter with stools for the p-eeps you do want to interact with. Lat kitchen designer talked us into trash bins in island space (in a pull out).m Still living with that nightmare. It doesn't ventilate so you open the drawer and get a whiff of yuck! The racoons have stopped messing with the bins as I am out there constantly throwing stuff away (well bit exaggerated but )

heidih

heidih

I had onne open concept kitchen - open to a great room!  The TV and surround sound bout drove me nuts. I do like having a counter qith stools for the p-eeps you do want to interact with. Lat kitchen designer talked us into trash bins in island space (in a pull out).m Still living with that nightmare. It doesn't ventilate so you open the drawer and get a whiff of yuck! The tracoons have stopped mesing with the bins as I am out there constantly throwing stuff away (well bit exaggerated but )