• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dave the Cook

Dave the Cook

19 minutes ago, Toliver said:

Being a Kickstarter(?) campaign, the IP people had an incentive to keep improving the Pot and its functions to spur sales. Will this pattern of product improvement continue under Corelle? Will Corelle care enough to continually improve the I-Pot or will they reach a version of the I-Pot and say "Good enough" and leave it at that?

I don't think it's a Kickstarter baby. According to this NYTimes article, it was funded almost entirely by the company's CEO and founder. There doesn't seem to be any lack of enthusiasm for expanding the Instant Pot brand within the original company, and the CEO is staying on, and staying in Ottawa. It seems more likely to me that IP gets access to Corelle's international markets and distribution channels, and Corelle gets another famous line, probably significant additional cash flow, and yes, @gfweb, something new on which to imprint flowers.

Disclosure: my partner, @JAZ , has written Instant Pot-authorized cookbooks, but I did not consult her before posting this.

Dave the Cook

Dave the Cook

17 minutes ago, Toliver said:

Being a Kickstarter(?) campaign, the IP people had an incentive to keep improving the Pot and its functions to spur sales. Will this pattern of product improvement continue under Corelle? Will Corelle care enough to continually improve the I-Pot or will they reach a version of the I-Pot and say "Good enough" and leave it at that?

I don't think it's a Kickstarter baby. According to this NYTimes article, it was funded almost entirely by the company's CEO and founder. There doesn't seem to be any lack of enthusiasm for expanding the Instant Pot brand within the original company, and the CEO is staying on, and staying in Ottawa. It seems more likely to me that IP gets access to Corelle's international markets and distribution channels, and Corelle gets another famous line, probably significant additional cash flow, and something new on which to imprint flowers.

Disclosure: my partner, @JAZ , has written Instant Pot-authorized cookbooks, but I did not consult her before posting this.