• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

suzilightning

suzilightning

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:56 PM, SLB said:

I sat and read through the book while dining at the bar at French Louie, and it was an enjoyable book! 

I don't really have ANY MORE real estate that can be given over to cookbooks, particularly since I was kind of saving a spot for that new Noma book.  But I kinda want this one.  I'm picking it up from the library today so I guess I'll make the decision within a couple of weeks.  

If I want to buy a cookbook my metric is if I want to copy out 1/3 or more of the recipes.... I buy the book.  Then figure out what I can offer on the FREE Cookbook thread to make way for the new one.

suzilightning

suzilightning

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:56 PM, SLB said:

I sat and read through the book while dining at the bar at French Louie, and it was an enjoyable book! 

I don't really have ANY MORE real estate that can be given over to cookbooks, particularly since I was kind of saving a spot for that new Noma book.  But I kinda want this one.  I'm picking it up from the library today so I guess I'll make the decision within a couple of weeks.  

If I want to buy a cookbook my metric is if I want to copy out 1/3 or more of the recipes.... I buy the book.