• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

So, there's a question where this photo belongs. The nachos thank @Shelby for good advice, @Dave the Cook for the Melty Cheese Calculator, @HungryChris for the pickles, various sous vide gurus' advice for the pork shoulder, my farmers' market tomato man, and @Tri2Cook for the encouragement. The cheese was 176g, an even mix of Pelota Roja (goat's milk), fresh asiago, and something mozzarella-like, with 53g of milk and 7g of sodium citrate. I put the grated cheese in a ziplock and added to the sous vide at 176F for 25 minutes, and did not stir it at all. I did add some local peach salsa (farmers' market).

Edited to add: the cheese might have been better were it a little runnier.

IMG_2009_cropped.thumb.jpg.c102eede30841d6ef6033d6292066d5d.jpg

The photo occurred after a little testing. 😀

TdeV

TdeV

So, there's a question where this photo belongs. The nachos thank @Shelby for good advice, @Dave the Cook for the Melty Cheese Calculator, @HungryChris for the pickles, various sous vide gurus' advice for the pork shoulder, my farmers' market tomato man, and @Tri2Cook for the encouragement. The cheese was 176g, an even mix of Pelota Roja (goat's milk), fresh asiago, and something mozzarella-like, with 53g of milk and 7g of sodium citrate. I put the grated cheese in a ziplock and added to the sous vide at 176F for 25 minutes, and did not stir it at all. I did add some local peach salsa (farmers' market).

The photo occurred after a little testing. 😀

TdeV

TdeV

So, there's a question where this photo belongs. The nachos thank @Shelby for good advice, @Dave the Cook for the Melty Cheese Calculator, @HungryChris for the pickles, various sous vide gurus' advice for the pork shoulder, my farmers' market tomato man, and @Tri2Cook for the encouragement. The cheese was 176g, an even mix of Pelota Roja (goat's milk), fresh asiago, and something mozzarella-like, with 53g of milk and 7g of sodium citrate. I did add some local peach salsa (farmers' market).