• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

9 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

We certainly have it in the UK and it grows in North America, although it appears in very limited areas.

Apparently it was used by many indigenous tribes as both a vegetable and the seeds  were ground into a flour  for breadmaking. That is according to Mr. Google. Have not verified this information. Perhaps some of our foragers will chime in.  I am thinking especially of @gfron1

Edited to add:

I am sure I have seen it somewhere in the wild. I’m not sure where.

Anna N

Anna N

6 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

We certainly have it in the UK and it grows in North America, although it appears in very limited areas.

Apparently it was used by many indigenous tribes as both a vegetable and the seeds  were ground into a flour  for breadmaking. That is according to Mr. Google. Have not verified this information. Perhaps some of our foragers will chime in.  I am thinking especially of @gfron1