• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Nicolai

Nicolai

It's Friday and still waking up from the Thursday partiyng.

It all started very tame with a special early dinner at a Palestinian restaurant serving the famous Palestinian Musakhan.

1- Starters

- Qudsieh (Hummos - Foul/Fava Beans - Chickpeas) Typical Palestinian dish with the name derived from Al Quds which is Jerusalem in English

ThVjUGE.jpg

- Mutabal (Aubergine Tahineh dip) Levant Dish

JYkFEEn.jpg

2- Main dish

- Musakhan which is a typical Palestinian dish with roasted chicken with the main spice being Sumac which gives the dish it's sourness mixed with caramelized Onions to sweeten it and a sprinkling of either Pine Nuts or Almonds as in our dish. The whole chicken and mixture rests on a Taboon bread.

You enjoy the chicken by tearing the Taboon bread and mixture and wrapping it around a tender and juicy chicken sliver while your taste buds explode in a burst of sweet and sour sparkles. The sweat pearls sliding gently on your forehead....... Forget about the makeup and aftershave......

56dWPuH.jpg

- and a close up

dJ8hjLC.jpg

3- Dessert

No dinner is complete without a Dessert. I have a red line not to be crossed....... Ughh sometimes...

vtY3dsH.jpg

UDHANqh.jpg

UhcvaTV.jpg

And I chose these:

- Kunafeh bel Jebn two ways: Fine crust on the left and coarse shredded crust on the right both filled with the Palestinian famous Nabulsi white cheese.

noDpsqc.jpg

- and I also had this small selection before getting the disapproving looks from my wife.

All clotted cream or cheese filled

nmOJ4W8.jpg

and after some strong fresh mint teas. We needed some more substantial libations and went clubbing as usual

aPt1esD.jpg

1QopPB2.jpg

and morning came quickly and in the morning you hit breakfast before hitting the sack as the beach is calling in the afternoon and then the whole saga starts again.....

Weekends are hard work.......

This time we had to make do with the Turkish Simit bread filled with cheese - ham....... etc

DtPMeab.jpg

Good night and Good Morning to all  😎

Nicolai

Nicolai

It's Friday and still waking up from the Thursday partiyng.

It all started very tame with a special early dinner at a Palestinian restaurant serving the famous Palestinian Musakhan.

1- Starters

- Qudsieh (Hummos - Foul/Fava Beans - Chickpeas) Typical Palestinian dish with the name derived from Al Quds which is Jerusalem in English

ThVjUGE.jpg

JYkFEEn.jpg

2- Main dish

- Musakhan which is a typical Palestinian dish with roasted chicken with the main spice being Sumac which gives the dish it's sourness mixed with caramelized Onions to sweeten it and a sprinkling of either Pine Nuts or Almonds as in our dish. The whole chicken and mixture rests on a Taboon bread.

You enjoy the chicken by tearing the Taboon bread and mixture and wrapping it around a tender and juicy chicken sliver while your taste buds explode in a burst of sweet and sour sparkles. The sweat pearls sliding gently on your forehead....... Forget about the makeup and aftershave......

56dWPuH.jpg

- and a close up

dJ8hjLC.jpg

3- Dessert

No dinner is complete without a Dessert. I have a red line not to be crossed....... Ughh sometimes...

vtY3dsH.jpg

UDHANqh.jpg

UhcvaTV.jpg

And I chose these:

- Kunafeh bel Jebn two ways: Fine crust on the left and coarse shredded crust on the right both filled with the Palestinian famous Nabulsi white cheese.

noDpsqc.jpg

- and I had this small selection before getting the disapproving looks from my wife.

nmOJ4W8.jpg

and after some strong fresh mint teas. We needed some more substantial libations and went clubbing as usual

aPt1esD.jpg

1QopPB2.jpg

and morning came quickly and in the morning you hit breakfast before hitting the sack as the beach is calling in the afternoon and then the whole saga starts again.....

This time we had to make do with the Turkish Simit bread filled with cheese - ham....... etc

DtPMeab.jpg

Nicolai

Nicolai

It's Friday and still waking up from the Thursday partying.

1- Starters

ThVjUGE.jpg

JYkFEEn.jpg

2- Main dish

56dWPuH.jpg

- and a close up

dJ8hjLC.jpg

3- Dessert

vtY3dsH.jpg

UDHANqh.jpg

UhcvaTV.jpg

And I chose these:

noDpsqc.jpg

- and I had this small selection before getting the disapproving looks from my wife.

nmOJ4W8.jpg

aPt1esD.jpg

1QopPB2.jpg

DtPMeab.jpg