• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

3 hours ago, Gagirl74 said:

How much flax and oatmeal to eggplant did you add?  I have to eat low carb due to T1 diabetes, and I love eggplant, but I get tired of making the same old things.  Those burgers look delicious!

For about 2 medium to large purple globe/  roast till completely cooked ( i used my grill @ about 375 )  should completely collapse on one self..  BTW  poke holes on top to pre vent ( Boom otherwise )..  This may take about an 1 hr to roast

So 12 Oz's cooked meat--roughly----> add 2 T flaxseed  -- this has to bloom over night in the eggplant mix---then  about a 1/3 cup of oats in a processor with what ever else you would like to add  ( mix Patty place on a silat ( non stick )  it will be a bit gooy dont worry ( allow to set in frig about 2 hrs then bake...this will dry them and set them a bit        BTW..I'm doing Cashews next time

Cheers Doc

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

3 hours ago, Gagirl74 said:

How much flax and oatmeal to eggplant did you add?  I have to eat low carb due to T1 diabetes, and I love eggplant, but I get tired of making the same old things.  Those burgers look delicious!

For about 2 medium to large purple globe/  roast till completely cooked ( i used my grill @ about 375 )  should completely collapse on one self..  BTW  poke holes on top to pre vent ( Boom otherwise )..  This may take about an 1 hr to roast

So 12 Oz's cooked meat--roughly----> add 2 T flaxseed  -- this has to bloom over night in the eggplant mix---then  about a 1/3 cup of oats in a processor with what ever else you would like to add  ( mix Patty on a silat ( non stick )  it will be a bit gooy dont worry ( allow to set in frig about 2 hrs then bake...this will dry them and set them a bit        BTW..I'm doing Cashews next time

Cheers Doc