• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

14 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I have a pair of Italian grape harvesting shears.  Had you asked I could have loaned them.  I have three grape vines.  I have never so much as seen a grape.

One thing I learned today, is that well drained, sandy soil, dried cows blood and lime are all miracle workers when it comes to grapes. As a side note, I have a rose bush that I planted for my ex. I showered it with all manor of sure fire rose food, but it wasn't until 3 weeks after she moved out, that I saw my first rose (and hundreds more).

Don't give up!

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

6 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I have a pair of Italian grape harvesting shears.  Had you asked I could have loaned them.  I have three grape vines.  I have never so much as seen a grape.

One thing I learned today, is that well drained, sandy soil, dried cows blood and lime are all miracle workers when it comes to grapes. As a side note, I have a rose bush that I planted for my ex. I showered it with all manor of sure fire rose food, but it wasn't until 3 weeks after she moved out, that I saw my first rose ( and hundreds more).

Don't give up!

HC