• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

It weighed 438 grams, not guns

Did the corn test, microwave vs CSO.  The ist cob weighed 438 grams and went into the CSO for 30 minutes at 150.  It was slightly undercooked for my taste.

The second one weighed 404 grams and went fully clothed into the microwave on high for three minutes.  Worked like a charm, but slightly overcooked.  One thing I really liked was the way the husk, silk and all, came off, all in one go.  The corn also came off in longer strips.  The microwaved corn is at the back, the CSO at the front.

Conclusion: I'll be microwaving the corn from now on.  By the way, everyone needs that little corn stripper.  No must, no fuss.  It actually works and is made by Zyliss.

20180829_152135.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

Did the corn test, microwave vs CSO.  The ist cob weighed 438 guns. And went into the CSO for 30 minutes at 150.  It was slightly undercooked for my taste.

The second one weighed 404 grams and went fully clothed into the microwave on high for three minutes.  Worked like a charm, but slightly overcooked.  One thing I really liked was the way the husk, silk and all, came off, all in one go.  The corn also came off in longer strips.  The microwaved corn is at the back, the CSO at the front.

Conclusion: I'll be microwaving the corn from now on.  By the way, everyone needs that little corn stripper.  No must, no fuss.  It actually works and is made by Zyliss.

20180829_152135.jpg