• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

I'm in the Moldovan capital and eating typical Moldovan food. Moldova doesn't really have much "traditional food" to call its own. They got ideas from their neighbours and former occupiers.

Moldovan flatbread filled with cabbage.

P9PHIjP.jpg

5X6EICZ.jpg

Cottage cheese dumplings.

6cGGqs7.jpg

Pork

yWGj2bZ.jpg

This is a wine drinking and wine producing country. The quality of wines is quite good so far, not to mention cheap. These are wine taps in the restaurant. Red, chardonay, rosé and Traminer.

8ienkEy.jpg

A very pleasant restaurant serving typical national dishes at very reasonable prices and in a nice atmosphere. Extremely popular with locals and now the tourists are checking it out, too.

HLSMMK2.jpg

As soon as I got back to my lodging...

1FAHeYz.jpg

Corkscrew borrowed from the lodging's owner. It worked after several tries.

RTI2zq4.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

I'm in the Moldovan capital and eating typical Moldovan food. Moldova doesn't really have much "traditional food" to call its own. They got ideas from their neighbours and former occupiers.

P9PHIjP.jpg

5X6EICZ.jpg

6cGGqs7.jpg

Pork

yWGj2bZ.jpg

This is a wine drinking and wine producing country. The quality of wines is quite good so far, not to mention cheap. These are wine taps in the restaurant. Red, chardonay, rosé and Traminer.

8ienkEy.jpg

A very pleasant restaurant serving typical national dishes at very reasonable prices and in a nice atmosphere. Extremely popular with locals and now the tourists are checking it out, too.

HLSMMK2.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

P9PHIjP.jpg

5X6EICZ.jpg

6cGGqs7.jpg

Pork

yWGj2bZ.jpg

8ienkEy.jpg

A very pleasant restaurant servings typical national dishes at very reasonable prices and in a nice atmosphere. Extremely popular with locals and now the tourists are checking checking it out, too.

HLSMMK2.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

I'm in the Moldovan capital and eating typical Moldovan food. Moldova doesn't really have much "traditional food" of its own. They got ideas from their neighbours and former occupiers.

P9PHIjP.jpg

5X6EICZ.jpg

6cGGqs7.jpg

Pork

yWGj2bZ.jpg

8ienkEy.jpg

A very pleasant restaurant servings typical national dishes at very reasonable prices and in a nice atmosphere. Extremely popular with locals and now the tourists are checking checking it out, too.

HLSMMK2.jpg