• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

There is an ancient saying:  "Never change horses in mid stream.  Particularly when doing so involves starting to bake a loaf of bread."

Dinner was supposed to have been red braised pork.  At some point I realized it wasn't going to happen.  Though I did get the pork stock made.  Plan B was chicken with walnut sauce, Ispanakhis Pkhali*, and Khachapuri.  I don't know why @nathanm and company chose to ignore Georgian breads but the Khachapuri was delectable.  Not like bread I have tasted even in my dreams.  Albeit my forming skills need a bit more work.

Wine was Mandili Mtsvane.  It is always nice to finish dinner before dawn.  Sometimes it doesn't happen.

Dinner04302018.png

*there was no room for the spinach in the refrigerator.

Edit:  I am proud to have used four stockpots in making dinner.  One stockpot twice.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

There is an ancient saying:  "Never change horses in mid stream.  Particularly when doing so involves starting to bake a loaf of bread."

Dinner was supposed to have been red braised pork.  At some point I realized it wasn't going to happen.  Though I did get the pork stock made.  Plan B was chicken with walnut sauce, Ispanakhis Pkhali*, and Khachapuri.  I don't know why @nathanm and company chose to ignore Georgian breads but the Khachapuri was delectable.  Not like bread I have tasted even in my dreams.  Albeit my forming skills need a bit more work.

Wine was Mandili Mtsvane.  It is always nice to finish dinner before dawn.  Sometimes it doesn't happen.

Dinner04302018.png

*there was no room for the spinach in the refrigerator.