• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rustwood

rustwood

I finally got around to making pulled pork in my pressure cooker.  I should have done it a long time ago.  In addition to saving a lot of time, the pressure cooker method allows you to save all of the delicious porky jus - a luxury you don't get when you make pulled pork in a smoker.  I used Melissa Clark's recipe for pressure cooker spicy pork shoulder.  FWIW, I tried it both ways and I am unconvinced that the final step of broiling it in the oven adds much to the result.

My sample wasn't especially photogenic.  I should have taken a picture of it on the steamed buns I had last night as they looked much better.

5a980851aaf5a_spicypork.thumb.jpg.6a9d177d88c623f55b251ce67cc302e2.jpg

rustwood

rustwood

I finally got around to making pulled pork in my pressure cooker.  I should have done it a long time ago.  In addition to saving a lot of time, the pressure cooker method allows you to save all of the delicious porky jus - a luxury you don't get when you make pulled pork in a smoker.  I used Melissa Clark's recipe for pressure cooker spicy pork shoulder.  FWIW, I tried it both ways and I am unconvinced that the final step of broiling it in the oven adds much to the result.

My sample wasn't especially photogenic.  I should have taken a picture of it on the steamed buns I had last night as that looked much better.

5a980851aaf5a_spicypork.thumb.jpg.6a9d177d88c623f55b251ce67cc302e2.jpg