• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dtremit

dtremit

7 minutes ago, Smithy said:

@andiesenji wrote, long ago, about the ability of her basenjis to open refrigerators and perhaps freezers...but not to close them again. As I recall she had to latch them with very strong, dogproof latches. I'm sure alarms are cheaper and more aesthetically pleasing, however.

Good luck, dtremit. I too would like to see some of your creations. Yes to stews, soups, sauces. Are you up to making, say, stuffings for pastas?

Hah! Given what must be in @andiesenji's freezer I can hardly blame the dogs for trying 😀 We're lucky that our dog is a saint when it comes to food -- if we don't put it on the floor, she won't touch it.

The pasta filling isn't a bad idea -- though I don't have a pasta machine to make ravioli or the like. I could do a lasagne, though; I have a few cheese options that would be good for that. Actually the first thing I did was make a few fresh cheeses to use up a gallon of milk I'd bought for that purpose; I needed the fridge space for the freezer meat!

Thinking of trying to turn the frozen black cherries into a sorbet.

dtremit

dtremit

3 minutes ago, Smithy said:

@andiesenji wrote, long ago, about the ability of her basenjis to open refrigerators and perhaps freezers...but not to close them again. As I recall she had to latch them with very strong, dogproof latches. I'm sure alarms are cheaper and more aesthetically pleasing, however.

Good luck, dtremit. I too would like to see some of your creations. Yes to stews, soups, sauces. Are you up to making, say, stuffings for pastas?

Hah! Given what must be in @andiesenji's freezer I can hardly blame the dogs for trying 😀 We're lucky that our dog is a saint when it comes to food -- if we don't put it on the floor, she won't touch it.

The pasta filling isn't a bad idea -- though I don't have a pasta machine to make ravioli or the like. I could do a lasagne, though; I have a few cheese options that would be good for that.