• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

Local market had blackberries today. I shall have blackberry cobbler tomorrow. I did not take my pug, Lucy, with me, as she had surgery on Thursday, and I thought she might not be up to wrangling the crowds. Many of the vendors asked after her; my chicken and beef purveyors sent her a package of chicken soup bones as a get-well present!

And the vendor from whom I always buy my tiny new potatoes had a special basket of them saved back for me; all marble sized. He knows how I love the tiny ones, roasted whole underneath whatever kind of meat I'm cooking. 

I love my market vendors. They are just the nicest people in the world. The little Amish girls who always look forward to playing with Lucy sent her a cookie to "help her get well."

kayb

kayb

Local market had blackberries today. I shall have blackberry cobbler tomorrow. I did not take my pug, Lucy, with me, as she had surgery on Thursday, and I thought she might not be up to wrangling the crowds. Many of the vendors asked after her; my chicken and beef purveyors sent her a package of chicken soup bones as a get-well present! I love my market vendors!