• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Not really a 'gift' as such, although that's how they describe it. Obviously the cost is factored into what you actually order.

I ordered some sea grapes online. I can't buy them in any stores here - they are Vietnamese.

Anyway they came with these irrelevant condiment bags.

condiments.thumb.jpg.32a5ba15b77ff881e18663312066b60e.jpg

I'm guessing most of you will be able to work out what the three on the left are. In the middle column, we have  (top) 芥末 (*abbreviated to just 芥) which is that horse radish or mustard that has been dyed green to pretend to be wasabi which it ain't - and soy sauce. Bottom is honey mustard. Right is a sachet of chilli powder (??).

Bizarre. I'll probably never use them.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Not really a 'gift' as such, although that's how they describe it. Obviously the cost is factored into what you actually order.

I ordered some sea grapes online. I can't buy them in any stores here - the are Vietnamese.

Anyway they came with these irrelevant condiment bags.

condiments.thumb.jpg.32a5ba15b77ff881e18663312066b60e.jpg

I'm guessing most of you will be able to work out what the three on the left are. In the middle column, we have  (top) 芥末 (*abbreviated to just 芥) which is that horse radish or mustard that has been dyed green to pretend to be wasabi which it ain't - and soy sauce. Bottom is honey mustard. Right is a sachet of chilli powder (??).

Bizarre. I'll probably never use them.