• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 5/21/2021 at 9:20 PM, KennethT said:

That apartment view is gorgeous - it's like a resort!  But I also don't understand the mooncake thing - how long do they last?

It is a resort! She is the director of a luxury spa/hotel company and has a beautiful home as part of her renumeration.

According to the packaging, the one in my first picture which is unlike the others lasts 60 days from date of manufacture, May 5th 2021. The other four allow for 80 days and were manufactured the same date.

The first four she sent me were all different and one contained salted egg; one contained meat and the other two were all fruit, beans and nuts. She asked me which I preferred and I said the two without eggs or meat*, so she sent me the second batch. These are eggless and meatless, but not necessarily vegan!

* Not that I don't eat salted eggs or meat! Just not at the same time as cake!

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 5/21/2021 at 9:20 PM, KennethT said:

That apartment view is gorgeous - it's like a resort!  But I also don't understand the mooncake thing - how long do they last?

It is a resort! She is the director of a luxury spa/hotel company and has a beautiful home as part of her renumeration.

According to the packaging, the one in my first picture which is unlike the others lasts 60 days from date of manufacture, May 5th 2021. The other four allow for 80 days and were manufactured the same date.

The first four she sent me were all different and one contained salted egg; one contained meat and the other two were all fuit, beans and nuts. She asked me which I preferred and I said the two without eggs or meat*, so she sent me the second batch. These are eggless and meatless, but not necessarily vegan!

liuzhou

liuzhou

12 minutes ago, KennethT said:

It is a resort! She is the director of a luxury spa/hotel company and has a beautiful home as part of her numeration.

The first four she sent me were all different and one contained salted egg; one contained meat and the other two were all fuit, beans and nuts. She asked me which I preferred and I said the two without eggs or meat*, so she sent me the second batch. These are eggless and meatless, but not necessarily vegan!

liuzhou

liuzhou

3 minutes ago, KennethT said:

It is a resort! She is the director of a luxury spa/hotel company and has a beautuful home as part of her numeration.

The first four she sent me were all different and one contained salted egg; one contained meat and the other two were all fuit, beans and nuts. She asked me which I preferred and I said the two without eggs or meat, so she sent me the second batch. These are eggless and meatless, but not necessarily vegan!