• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

This is odd.

Today, I was planning ahead for tomorrow's lunch and decided I really would like to make Moules Mariniere, in the traditional style with Normandy cider. No chance. I've never been able to find any cider here. The nearest I can get is this imported Lindeman's Apple Lambic Beer. Not really what I want but I thought I'll give it a try. I ordered two bottles had it delivered as the only store that carries it is on the other side of the city.

lindemanscider.jpg.969c04172518d1ab902c610ec152b462.jpg

It arrived safely, but to my surprise, they included a 'free' promotional bottle opener - one for each bottle! Why? They don't seem to be single use!

bottleopeners.thumb.jpg.d69a3b8e96d14126297aadc4fbc10473.jpg

I already have several bottle openers.

The writing on them is the name of the company and translates as Speedy Horse Delivery Alcohol.

liuzhou

liuzhou

This is odd.

Today, I was planning ahead for tomorrow's lunch and decided I really would like to make Moules Mariniere, in the traditional style with Normandy cider. No chance. I've never been able to find any cider here. The nearest I can get is this imported Lindeman's Apple Lambic Beer. Not really what I want but Ithought I'll give it a try. I ordered two bottles had it delivered as the only store that carries it is on the other side of the city.

lindemanscider.jpg.969c04172518d1ab902c610ec152b462.jpg

It arrived safely, but to my surprise, they included a 'free' promotional bottle opener - one for each bottle! Why? They don't seem to be single use!

bottleopeners.thumb.jpg.d69a3b8e96d14126297aadc4fbc10473.jpg

I already have several bottle openers.

The writing on them is the name of the company and translates as Speedy Horse Delivery Alcohol.