• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

As noted elsewhere, I ordered a bottle of The Pogues Whiskey for Christmas and to toast the late Shane MacGowan. It arrived  this afternoon.

ThePoguesWhiskey.thumb.jpg.5f53867d2fd9d1317baa18c34c1432eb.jpg

What was unexpected was that it was accompanied by a complimentary bottle of vodka. A brand I don't know. J. J. Whitely Artisanal Russian Vodka. Good old Tsarist name that, J. J. Whitley. Still they seem to have a good reputation.

vodka.thumb.jpg.9ed8e8e19e7bb2dc440927c4a359f053.jpg

Why I've been sent this, I've no idea, but hey, it's Christmas and I did empty my Stolichnaya bottle last night. And "Free Vodka" is my favourite brand!

liuzhou

liuzhou

As noted elsewhere, I ordered a bottle of The Pogues Whiskey for Christmas and to toast the late Shane MacGowan. It arrived  this afternoon.

What was unexpected was that it was accompanied by a complimentary bottle of vodka. A brand I don't know. J. J. Whitely Artisanal Russian Vodka. Good old Tsarist name that, J. J. Whitley. Still they seem to have a good reputation.

Why I've been sent this, I've no idea, but hey, it's Christmas and I did empty my Stolichnaya bottle last night.

liuzhou

liuzhou

What was unexpected was that it was accompanied complimentary by a bottle of vodka. A brand I fon't know. J. J. Whitely Artisanal Russian Vodka. Good old Tsarist name that. J. J. Whitley. Still they seem to have a good reputation.

Why I've been sent this, I've no idea, but hey, it's Christmas and I did empty my Stolichnaya bottle last night.