• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I have also posted this on the Fruit Topic.

Another unexpected gift. For no apparent reason someone I only slightly know decided to bring me a mango. Not any old mango, but this monster. I have pictured it beside a regular sized chicken's egg and beside three regular mangoes to give you an idea of scale.

mg2.thumb.jpg.15afc6483157074c255b292b6ae2be47.jpg

mg3.thumb.jpg.1d2079a11a1f49e194257f7a1afeceff.jpg

This titan of the mango tribe comes in at just over 2 lbs or just a tickle short of a kilogram. It isn't ripe yet, so I'll get back to you on its taste.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Another unexpected gift. For no apparent reason someone I only slightly know decided to bring me a mango. Not any old mango, but this monster. I have pictured it beside a regular sized chicken's egg and beside three regular mangoes to give you an idea of scale.

mg2.thumb.jpg.15afc6483157074c255b292b6ae2be47.jpg

mg3.thumb.jpg.1d2079a11a1f49e194257f7a1afeceff.jpg

This titan of the mango tribe comes in at just over 2 lbs or just a tickle short of a kilogram. It isn't ripe yet, so I'll get back to you on its taste.