• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

On 1/29/2018 at 5:04 PM, Beebs said:

Here we go again!

What's for eats this year?

Thinking of cheeseburger sliders. What's a good way of making a bunch of mini burger patties? I don't want to form a pile of individual patties and grill them (lazy!). Has anyone tried making one giant flat patty in a pan, baking in the oven, and slicing them up into squares? Like a flat meatloaf.

I can vouch for this recipe.  I have a hard time getting the meat to completely cover the sheet pan, but otherwise, it works well.

We are going to hide out at home this year.  We really don't have much interest - no one to root for.  The Cheatriots?  Nope.  A team that hired Mike Vick.  Nada.  So we'll watch the commercials and the half time show.  Jessica is requesting some retro snacks (artichoke dip, crab meltaways, etc.) and we made the mistake of going to Costco hungry and sampled those little bagel pizzas and convinced ourselves that we'd eat all 9000 of them.  Sigh.

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

2 hours ago, Beebs said:

Here we go again!

What's for eats this year?

Thinking of cheeseburger sliders. What's a good way of making a bunch of mini burger patties? I don't want to form a pile of individual patties and grill them (lazy!). Has anyone tried making one giant flat patty in a pan, baking in the oven, and slicing them up into squares? Like a flat meatloaf.

I can vouch for this recipe.  I have a hard time getting the meat to completely cover the sheet pan, but otherwise, it works well.

We are going to hide out at home this year.  We really don't have much interest - no one to root for.  The Cheatriots?  Nope.  A team that hired Mike Vick.  Nada.  So we'll watch the commercials and the half time show.  Jessica is requesting some retro snacks (artichoke dip, crab meltaways, etc.) and we made the mistake of going to Costco hunger and sampled those little bagel pizzas and convinced ourselves that we'd eat all 9000 of them.  Sigh.