• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Fried Green Tomatoes with Curried Peach Preserves and Whipped Feta p 458

IMG_6165.thumb.jpg.48ab658c32e74bb64af65466d3683a61.jpg

I really liked this.  I suspect there are those whose patience would be tried by a fried green tomato, marinated in buttermilk  coated with a crunchy breading flavored with sesame seeds, ground coriander, smoked paprika and cayenne, served on a whipped mixture of feta cheese and buttermilk with curried peach preserves on the side.   Not me!  Left on my own, I probably would have been happy with the fried tomatoes alone but the addition of the salty, creamy whipped feta and the sweet-tart-spicy preserves makes this something special. 

The only thing I think I"d do differently would be to serve both the preserves and the whipped feta on the side or else just eat faster xD so the crispy breading on the tomatoes doesn't get soft.

Edited to add that I talked about the curried peach preserves in another post but I wanted to give them another shout out.  Highly recommended by me!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Fried Green Tomatoes with Curried Peach Preserves and Whipped Feta p 458

IMG_6165.thumb.jpg.48ab658c32e74bb64af65466d3683a61.jpg

I really liked this.  I suspect there are those whose patience would be tried by a fried green tomato, marinated in buttermilk  coated with a crunchy breading flavored with sesame seeds, ground coriander, smoked paprika and cayenne, served on a whipped mixture of feta cheese and buttermilk with curried peach preserves on the side.   Not me!  Left on my own, I probably would have been happy with the fried tomatoes alone but the addition of the salty, creamy whipped feta and the sweet-tart-spicy preserves makes this something special. 

The only thing I think I"d do differently would be to serve both the preserves and the whipped feta on the side or else just eat faster xD so the crispy breading on the tomatoes doesn't get soft.