• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

12 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

@shain, what are the little circular things? Is that the pasta?  Looks like Cheerios, but I'm pretty sure it's not xD

This is ptitim (Israeli couscous), so it falls under the term pasta. The boiled portion was toasted before cooking, and the rest pan fried, hence the golden color. I must say, I've never noticed how similar it is to Cheerios (albeit smaller).
I now want to try and make a Cheerios inspired snack, of ptitim, pan fried in butter; with honey and nuts - somewhat like Struffoli.

shain

shain

4 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

@shain, what are the little circular things? Is that the pasta?  Looks like Cheerios, but I'm pretty sure it's not xD

This is ptitim (Israeli couscous), so it falls under the term pasta. The boiled portion was toasted before cooking, and the rest pan fried, hence the golden color. I must say, I've never noticed how similar it is to Cheerios (albeit smaller).
I now want to try making a Cheerios inspired snack, of ptitim - pan fried in butter, with honey and nuts - somewhat like Struffoli.