• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shelby

Shelby

1 hour ago, Dejah said:

This is what happens when AWOL from egullet...missed all the chatter about Instant Pot!

I've been thinking about pressure cookers, so this might do the trick - multi-purpose!

Dejah, here is the beginning of the now four part thread on the IP if you haven't seen it yet.  Lots of good info in there.  Can't wait to see what you get up to when you get yours :)

I made a HUGE pot of venison chili yesterday--needed to use up a lot of jalapeños so a lot went in there.  SPICY lol.  We had some for dinner...the rest I will be freezing for Ronnie to eat for lunches during hunting season.  I feel a little ahead of the game this year lol.

Oh and I opened one of the jars of pickled jalapeños to garnish the top.  Holy crap.  I'm still on fire.

photo.JPG

Shelby

Shelby

1 hour ago, Dejah said:

This is what happens when AWOL from egullet...missed all the chatter about Instant Pot!

I've been thinking about pressure cookers, so this might do the trick - multi-purpose!

Dejah, here is the beginning of the now four part thread on the IP if you haven't seen it yet.  Lots of good info in there.  Can't wait to see what you get up to when you get yours :)

I made a HUGE pot of chili yesterday--needed to use up a lot of jalapeños so a lot went in there.  SPICY lol.  We had some for dinner...the rest I will be freezing for Ronnie to eat for lunches during hunting season.  I feel a little ahead of the game this year lol.

Oh and I opened one of the jars of pickled jalapeños to garnish the top.  Holy crap.  I'm still on fire.

photo.JPG