• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I made stock for the first time in the iPot , w turkey breast trimmings .  I took @Shelby's  advice and used the 120 min HP  / NR :  

TCarcass.jpg

here is one carcass from an 8 lb fz TB , from the Clean Out your Freezer topic.  I used a chinese cleaver and mallet to chop up the carcass so it was

as flat as possible to minimize water hoping for a more concentrated stock.  the pyrex bowl holds trimmings from the breast.

TStock 1.jpg

here is the stock from the first TB after natural release.  I fished lout all the solids and put them on a medium jellyroll pan ( w lip ) to cool a bit.  

I tasted the meat and there was still a little turkey flavor on the bits so they went back into the pot w chopped up carcass II.

then a second 1`20 min NR.

here is the final product after removed all the bits and let it cool in the iPot pot  then it went into a plastic container and spent the night outside 

to completely chill :

Stock 1 & 2.jpg

its on the L.   its about 1.5 liters.   the stock on the R is the combined ' drippings ' from the two sessions on the CSB for 2 breasts on Steam bake  30 - 35 min

one had Penzey's Chicago Steak on two and Sauer's  Prime Rib Rub on the second two.  its very flavorful but a bit salty.  the turkey stock does not have

any seasonings in it at all .  no aromatic as I didn't want to go to the store to buy two carrots etc.

Ill freeze each into bricks  and vacuum seal and freeze.

while the second carcass was in the iPot  I had an idea :  somewhere I have a stainless steel potato ricer I got some time ago.  its of good quality .

I though the next time I do this Id take out just the meat sans bones while still hot and use the ricer to smoosh the meat extract even more flavor !

and next time for the final cook Ill add some aromatics.

rotuts

rotuts

I made stock for the first time in the iPot , w turkey breast trimmings .  I took @Shelby's  advice and used the 120 min HP  / NR :  

TCarcass.jpg

here is one carcass from an 8 lb fz TB , from the Clean Out your Freezer topic.  I used a chinese cleaver and mallet to chop up the carcass so it was

as falt as possible to minimize water .  the pyrex bowl holds trimmings from the breast.

TStock 1.jpg

here is the stock from the first TB after natural release.  I fished lout all the solids and put them on a medium jellyroll pan ( w lip ) to cool a bit.  

I tasted the meat and there was still a little turkey flavor on the bits so they went back into the pot w chopped up carcass II.

then a second 1`20 min NR.

here is the final product after removed all the bits and let it cool in the iPot pot  then it went into a plastic container and spent the night outside 

to completely chill :

Stock 1 & 2.jpg

its on the L.   its about 1.5 liters.   the stock on the R is the combined ' drippings ' from the two sessions on the CSB for 2 breasts on Steam bake  30 - 35 min

one had Penzey's Chicago Steak on two and Sauer's  Prime Rib Rub on the second two.  its very flavorful but a bit salty.  the turkey stock does not have

any seasonings in it at all .  no aromatic as I didn't want to go to the store to buy two carrots etc.

Ill freeze each into bricks  and vacuum seal and freeze.

while the second carcass was in the iPot  I had an idea :  somewhere I have a stainless steel potato ricer I got some time ago.  its of good quality .

I though the next time I do this Id take out just the meat sans bones while still hot and use the ricer to smoosh the meat extract even more flavor !

and next time for the final cook Ill add some aromatics.