• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

1 hour ago, chefmd said:

Coarse ground grits 1:4 ratio with chicken stock pressure cooked for 15 minutes, mixed with fresh corn after that.  Topped with bacon and chanterelles.  Cross posting in Dinner thread as well.

image.jpg

When you say "fresh ground corn," you're speaking of just-off-the-cob kernels? Not corn that has been left on the stalk to dry before havest?

If so, I can only marvel at how wonderful it must taste. At first glance, I thought the mushrooms and bacon were all crispy bacon bits on top, which also would have been marvelous.

kayb

kayb

1 hour ago, chefmd said:

Coarse ground grits 1:4 ratio with chicken stock pressure cooked for 15 minutes, mixed with fresh corn after that.  Topped with bacon and chanterelles.  Cross posting in Dinner thread as well.

image.jpg

When you say "fresh ground corn," you're speaking of just-off-the-cob kernels? Not corn that has been left on the stalk to dry before havest?

If so, I can only marvel at how wonderful it must taste. At first glance, I thought the mushrooms were crispy bacon bits on top, which also would have been marvelous.