• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

9 hours ago, FauxPas said:

Has anyone tried this? What about you, @Ann_T

@FauxPas, No I haven't got around to using the dehydrating setting yet. 

8 hours ago, andiesenji said:

I've certainly enjoyed mine. I no longer have a Costco membership but I have a friend that does and I am tempted to go buy a back up for the one I have.

@andiesenji, I've been tempted to buy a second one too.   I have the digital oven, but I saw the non digital at Costco in Victoria recently for $129.   Very tempted.

1 hour ago, lemniscate said:

I  use the non-digital version for beef jerky, biltong, dehydrated mushrooms, and I think tomatoes once.   I bought some of these and cut them to size for the racks to lay the food on during dehydrating.   I think I get really good results.  I had to test with an oven thermometer to find out the dial position/actual set temp because the marked temps are not accurate.  This oven lives on my patio all the time.  I now use it for all my baking.  My range oven is now a storage area for cast iron and other pans.  

I am strongly considering taking advantage of the Costco deal also, I really love this oven, especially at that price.

@lemniscate,  I am also using my range oven as storage .  Haven't used it once since I bought the CSO and the Oster French Door oven.     

Ann_T

Ann_T

9 hours ago, FauxPas said:

Has anyone tried this? What about you, @Ann_T

@FauxPas, No I haven't got around to using the dehydrating setting yet. 

8 hours ago, andiesenji said:

I've certainly enjoyed mine. I no longer have a Costco membership but I have a friend that does and I am tempted to go buy a back up for the one I have.

@andiesenji, I've been tempted to buy a second one too.   I have the digital oven, but I saw the non digital at Costco in Victoria recently for $129.   Very tempted.

1 hour ago, lemniscate said:

I  use the non-digital version for beef jerky, biltong, dehydrated mushrooms, and I think tomatoes once.   I bought some of these and cut them to size for the racks to lay the food on during dehydrating.   I think I get really good results.  I had to test with an oven thermometer to find out the dial position/actual set temp because the marked temps are not accurate.  This oven lives on my patio all the time.  I now use it for all my baking.  My range oven is now a storage area for cast iron and other pans.  

I am strongly considering taking advantage of the Costco deal also, I really love this oven, especially at that price.

@lemniscate,  I am also using my range oven as storage .  Haven't used it once since I bought the CSO and the Oyster French Door oven.