• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

EvergreenDan

EvergreenDan

More than a few years ago, Laphroaig offered a Laphroaig 15 expression (which I see you can now by for $1200). It was completely different from the 10. The extra age or some other production difference made it much closer to (from memory) Lagavulin 16 than Laphroaig 10. I know there are a number of Laphroig expressions, but I haven't experimented. I think the 10 works very well in cocktails, where the extra "disinfectiousness" is a benefit.

EvergreenDan

EvergreenDan

More than a few years ago, Laphroaig offered a Laphroaig 15 expression (which I see you can now by for $1200). It was completely different from the 10. The extra age or some other production difference made it much closer to (from memory) Lagavulin 16 than Laphroaig 10. I know there are a number of Laphroig expressions, but I haven't experimented. I think the 10 works very well in cocktails, where the extra "disinfectiousness" is a benefit.