• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

2 hours ago, Anna N said:

@scubadoo97

My salmon was perfectly satisfactory this evening but I look at yours and must restrain myself from licking my monitor.   Could you elaborate on the broth? 

Thanks Anna. 

It started out from stock I made from fish carcasses, shrimp shells and aromatics that I had in the freezer.   To flavor it further I added lemongrass and let it simmer a while.  My wife was running late so I had to keep adding water as it simmered.  

Just before serving I added gojuchang then thin sliced carrots, shallots and celery and pulled the lemongrass out.  Then added green onion, the noodles ( they cook so fast) and the fish.  The fish was also smeared with the gojuchang before searing 

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

@scubadoo97

My salmon was perfectly satisfactory this evening but I look at yours and must restrain myself from licking my monitor.   Could you elaborate on the broth? 

Thanks Anna. 

It started out from stock I made from fish carcasses, shrimp shells and aromatics that I had in the freezer.   To flavor it further I added lemongrass and let it simmer a while.  My wife was running late so I had to keep adding water as it simmered.  

Just before serving I added gochujang then thin sliced carrots, shallots and celery and pulled the lemongrass out.  Then added green onion, the noodles ( they cook so fast) and the fish.  The fish was also smeared with the gochujang before searing 

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

@scubadoo97

Thanks Anna. 

Just before serving I added guchujang then thin sliced carrots, shallots and celery and pulled the lemongrass out.  Then added green onion, the noodles ( they cook so fast) and the fish.  The fish was also smeared with the guchujang before searing