• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

11 hours ago, sartoric said:

Nothing like a lamb shank braised in Guinness to stave off the cold.

Served with potato, cauliflower and horseradish mash, plus green beans with garlic.

image.jpeg

There was a time when I would buy these on the cheap and I loved them. Then a guy named Emeril Lagasse ruined everything. I will never forget watching the show he did that featured lamb shanks. The price more than doubled overnight and has more than tripled since then. "...and if you see lamb shanks in the market, you get 'em, baby!"

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

11 hours ago, sartoric said:

Nothing like a lamb shank braised in Guinness to stave off the cold.

Served with potato, cauliflower and horseradish mash, plus green beans with garlic.

image.jpeg

There was a time when I would buy these on the cheap and I loved them. Then a guy named Emeril Lagasse ruined everything. I will never forget watching the show he did that featured lamb shanks. The price more than doubled overnight and has more than tripled since then.

HC