• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

We got three day, unlimited ride bus tickets and headed off to the San Lorenzo market, famous for leather goods among other things. I just get the feeling that the quality is not what it once may have been. Deb made a few small purchases. We returned to The Central Market simply because I can't get enough of it.

Here are some pics o the San Lorenzo Market.

P9210230.JPGP9210233.JPG

Here are some from Central Market. Keep in mind, these are just some of the meat. There is also produce, fish, cheese, fungi, wine, olive oil and everything in between,P9210241.JPGP9210247.JPGP9210250.JPG

Finally, to get back onto the topic of lunch, we both spotted Trattoria Za Za at about the same time. We had both read about it somewhere and decided to give it a try,

The two story building on the right is Central Market. The second floor is a giant food court, San Lorenzo Market fills the street on three sides of Central Market.

P9210264.JPG

P9210263.JPG

It was a beautiful day so we chose to sit outside. Deb had spaghetti with fresh clams, which she proclaimed to be excellent.

P9210260.JPG

I had Spaghetti with zucchini blossoms, sliced zucchini, black truffles and shrimp. Somehow I had not seen the word for shrimp on the menu, so they were a surprise. It was a very delicious dish, but I could not really taste the truffles. If I had access to truffles, I would leave out the shrimp.

P9210258.JPG

The zucchini blossoms combined with the flavor in a surprisingly good way. Something I will have to try at home.

HC

P9210261.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

We got three day, unlimited ride bus tickets and headed off to the San Lorenzo market, famous for leather goods among other things. Deb made a few purchases. We returned to The Central Market simply because I can't get enough of it.

P9210230.JPGP9210233.JPG

Here are some from Central Market. Keep in mind, these are just some of the meat. There is also produce, fish, cheese, fungi, wine, olive oil and everything in between,P9210241.JPGP9210247.JPGP9210250.JPG

Finally, to get back onto the topic of lunch, we both spotted Trattoria Za Za at about the same time. We had both read about it somewhere and decided to give it a try,

The two story building on the right is Central Market. The second floor is a giant food court, San Lorenzo Market fills the street on three sides of Central Market.

P9210264.JPG

P9210263.JPG

It was a beautiful day so we chose to sit outside. Deb had spaghetti with fresh clams, which she proclaimed to be excellent.

P9210260.JPG

I had Spaghetti with zucchini blossoms, sliced zucchini, black truffles and shrimp. Somehow I had not seen the word for shrimp on the menu, so they were a surprise. It was a very delicious dish, but I could not really taste the truffles. If I had access to truffles, I would leave out the shrimp.

P9210258.JPG

The zucchini blossoms combined with the flavor in a surprisingly good way. Something I will have to try at home.

HC

P9210261.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

We got three day, unlimited ride bus tickets and headed off to the San Lorenzo market, famous for leather goods among other things. Deb made a few purchases. We returned to The Central Market simply because I can't get enough of it.

P9210230.JPGP9210233.JPG

P9210264.JPG

P9210263.JPG

P9210260.JPG

P9210258.JPG

HC

P9210261.JPG

P9210263.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

P9210230.JPGP9210233.JPG

P9210264.JPG

P9210263.JPG

P9210260.JPG

P9210258.JPG

HC
P9210261.JPG

P9210263.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

P9210230.JPGP9210233.JPG

P9210264.JPG

P9210263.JPG

P9210260.JPG

P9210258.JPG

HC
P9210261.JPG

P9210263.JPG