• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

add link

Had I known I would finally get my dishwasher back (Yah! :)) before 4:00 PM, I would have made the enchiladas I've been craving. That would have required making the tortillas by hand from masa harina before that time, so I went with what I had planned before that, which was egg noodles mixed with cooked ground beef and onions and simply seasoned. My mom used to make it for us kids, and I haven't had it in about 50 years. It was as good as I remember it.

I served it with a green leaf lettuce, grape tomato and green pepper salad with some lemon tahini dressing I was able to make because it makes so many extra dishes, I had not planned on it when the plan was to wash everything by hand. I always love lemon tahini, and it's been a while since I made it. My husband had forgotten it, but liked it a lot too, as usual.

I am going to start a new thread about lemon tahini dressing, because my version was good, but not as good as some I have had, so anyone with a favorite recipe for it, please chime in over there. I'll come back and put in a link when I have the thread up.

Had I known I would finally get my dishwasher back (Yah! :)) before 4:00 PM, I would have made the enchiladas I've been craving. That would have required making the tortillas by hand from masa harina before that time, so I went with what I had planned before that, which was egg noodles mixed with cooked ground beef and onions and simply seasoned. My mom used to make it for us kids, and I haven't had it in about 50 years. It was as good as I remember it.

I served it with a green leaf lettuce, grape tomato and green pepper salad with some lemon tahini dressing I was able to make because it makes so many extra dishes, I had not planned on it when the plan was to wash everything by hand. I always love lemon tahini, and it's been a while since I made it. My husband had forgotten it, but liked it a lot too, as usual.

I am going to start a new thread about lemon tahini dressing, because my version was good, but not as good as some I have had, so anyone with a favorite recipe for it, please chime in over there. I'll come back and put in a link when I have the thread up.