• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

Here is how it all starts:

clams.png

I bought 3 pounds. This turned out to be 2 dozen clams of various sizes. I picked out 12 of the largest and opened them. The other dozen are small enough to have on the half shell (kind of a lunch bonus for me).

IMG_0866.JPG

The big ones, I stuffed with a combination of chopped chorizo, garlic, shallots, green onion all sautéed in a pan with a bit of olive oil, bread crumbs, butter, grated Parmesan cheese and deglazed with dry sherry. I baked these in a 350 F oven for 35 minutes while I put together a Caesar salad with homemade croutons.

Here they are after cooking.

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

And put it all together for dinner tonight.

HC

IMG_0871.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

Here is how it all starts:

clams.png

I bought 3 pounds. This turned out to be 2 dozen clams of various sizes. I picked out 12 of the largest and opened them. The other dozen are small enough to have on the half shell (kind of a lunch bonus for me.

IMG_0866.JPG

The big ones, I stuffed with a combination of chopped chorizo, garlic, shallots, green onion all sautéed in a pan with a bit of olive oil, bread crumbs, butter, grated Parmesan cheese and deglazed with dry sherry.

IMG_0867.JPG

I baked these in a 350 F oven for 35 minutes while I put together a Caesar salad with homemade croutons.

IMG_0870.JPG

And put it all together for dinner tonight.

HC

IMG_0871.JPG