• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

19 hours ago, sartoric said:

@ElainaA, how do you do the chickpeas please ? They look delicious, as does the main meal. 

@sartoric Thanks!  The recipe is from one of my current favorite cookbooks, Meera Sodha's   Made in India.  I used canned chickpeas. Pre heat the oven to 400 F. For one can (14 oz) - rinse the chickpeas, shake to dry. In a bowl, toss them with 2T canola oil, 1/2 t. salt, 1/2 t chili powder, 1 t ground cumin. Mix thoroughly, spread on a baking sheet, bake until crisp - about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. They hold very well - I like to have them hanging around for a snack. 

Enjoy!

ElainaA

ElainaA

19 hours ago, sartoric said:

@ElainaA, how do you do the chickpeas please ? They look delicious, as does the main meal. 

@sartoric The recipe is from one of my current favorite cookbooks, Meera Sodha's   Made in India.  I used canned chickpeas. Pre heat the oven to 400 F. For one can (14 oz) - rinse the chickpeas, shake to dry. In a bowl, toss them with 2T canola oil, 1/2 t. salt, 1/2 t chili powder, 1 t ground cumin. Mix thoroughly, spread on a baking sheet, bake until crisp - about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. They hold very well - I like to have them hanging around for a snack. 

Enjoy!