• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

@rotuts

This is copied from the first part of this topic because I find linking very frustrating 

The eggs are not particularly fresh but they are farm not supermarket eggs. I have no idea how they might have been sized so I weighed each egg. One weighed 61 g and the other 63 g. I found a couple of caps from liquor bottles which served as their perches in the rather substantial steamer basket I found at an Asian store on Monday. 

I put a cup of water in the IP, added the steamer basket and the bottle caps and settled the eggs comfortably. I set the pressure to low, the time to five minutes and allowed the pressure to drop by itself before opening the pressure cooker. I lifted the eggs out with a clean towel and put them in an ice bath.

Edited to add this was for hard-boiled eggs 

Anna N

Anna N

@rotuts

This is copied from the first part of this topic because I find linking very frustrating 

The eggs are not particularly fresh but they are farm not supermarket eggs. I have no idea how they might have been sized so I weighed each egg. One weighed 61 g and the other 63 g. I found a couple of caps from liquor bottles which served as their perches in the rather substantial steamer basket I found at an Asian store on Monday. 

I put a cup of water in the IP, added the steamer basket and the bottle caps and settled the eggs comfortably. I set the pressure to low, the time to five minutes and allowed the pressure to drop by itself before opening the pressure cooker. I lifted the eggs out with a clean towel and put them in an ice bath.