• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Punctuation

I can't help with the tart questions either, but I may not understand your description correctly.  Are the candied Meyer slices just a topping, or is the entire filling supposed to be those candied slices?  I also can't imagine why they'd have gone bitter, unless some enzyme did that during the slow cook.  (That can happen with navel orange juice, but I hadn't read about it with Meyers.)

At any rate - if you have enough Meyers and time left to start over, here's a Meyer lemon tart recipe I can recommend:  Meyer Lemon Tart, originally published in the Cooking Club of America's magazine, Cooking Pleasures.  Meyer lemon custard goes into a tart shell, and IMO it's the essence of Meyer goodness. 

Smithy

Smithy

I can't help with the tart questions either, but I may not understand your description correctly.  Are the candied Meyer slices just a topping, or is the entire filling supposed to be those candied slices?  I also can't imagine why they'd have gone bitter, unless some enzyme did that during the slow cook.  (That can happen with navel orange juice, but I hadn't read about it with Meyers.)

At any rate - if you have enough Meyers and time left to start over, here's a Meyer lemon tart recipe I can recommend:  Meyer Lemon Tart, originally published in the Cooking Club of America's magazine, Cooking Pleasures.  Meyer lemon custard goes into a tart shell, and IMO it's the essence of Meyer goodness.