• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

To fix photo

In solidarity with Shelby, I also cooked my first sous vide pork - a boneless loin chop.  It was 1 inch thick so I cooked at 140F for 1.5 hrs. I seared the top and bottom both before and after cooking per the Chefsteps recipe but could have done a better job with the fatty edge. The meat was a little pinker than it looks in the picture and I might try a lower temp next time but I have no problems with an experiment as tasty as this one.

569091f2a860f_IMG_2417(2).thumb.jpg.7105

Served with warm apple onion relish,  crisped up leftover baked potatoes and a few cubes of pickled butternut squash.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

In solidarity with Shelby, I also cooked my first sous vide pork - a boneless loin chop.  It was 1 inch thick so I cooked at 140F for 1.5 hrs. I seared the top and bottom both before and after cooking per the Chefsteps recipe but could have done a better job with the fatty edge. The meat was a little pinker than it looks in the picture and I might try a lower temp next time but I have no problems with an experiment as tasty as this one.

5690795a37c00_IMG_2417(1).thumb.jpg.1de3

Served with warm apple onion relish,  crisped up leftover baked potatoes and a few cubes of pickled butternut squash.