• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Glue Work Bowl Cover?

tirgoddess

My KitchenAid food processor was manufactured in 1999, the rim of the bowl cover is coming away from the top, probably due to age and hard cheese. The motor and other parts are still in great shape. I cannot find replacement lid anywhere.  Is it crazy to think that I can glue it?  If not, what would be the best method?  Thanks!

Edited by tirgoddess (log)

I'd say a clear epoxy, it's strong. Since it won't really be in contact with food (much) should be ok to use, just let it cure for a few days. I worked as an assistant to a multi-media artist, and that's what we'd use to stick unlike things together, especially where some strength was needed.

Hi tirgoddess.  I think I'd be reluctant to glue the cover.  There would potentially be lots of new uneven surfaces for bugs to hide on, and with the vibration a food processor sets up it would have to be a very good glue.

Have you tried this company?  They seem to have accessories and spare parts for quite a few KA models.

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory

And it is worth checking the thrift stores if there are any in your area!  

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog