• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rose's Silicone Baking Bowl

puzzledcook

Hello from another Michigan newcomer!  I'm still getting used to posting on egullet.

I purchased Rose's Silicone Baking Bowl for use as a non-metal double boiler to make lemon curd.  It is supposed to fit over a pot but not touch the hot water below.  It is 7-1/2 inches around the rim and I have a pot that the rim nestles into.  My problem is the bowl's height is 3-1/4 inches and my pot is 3-1/2 inches in height, so the bottom of the bowl touches the water.  I asked about this in a blog on the www.realbakingwithrose.com website but there has been no response to my query, and I have not found a deeper pot with 7-1/2 inch rim elsewhere.  Does anyone on the egullet Kitchen Consumers Forum have any information on this bowl or know where I can get a pot that's at least deep enough to use this bowl.  Thanks for any info you can provide.