• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Lunches this cold, very windy, sunless long weekend:

Bread with Tirolean ham, asparagus, egg. I got thin asparagus especially for this and the mousse below.

9F2F1v8.jpg 

mE9q2Pn.jpg

Asparagus mousse (with cream, chopped dill and gelatin added). Nice to spread on bread as is. Also goes with cooked prawns or what I have made, cured salmon.

0ZNjaKX.jpg

Cured some salmon again with lots of whisky and crushed juniper berries this time. These strips are from the flesh around the cavity. There's still the loin, for something else.

BpWH99f.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

Lunches this cold, very windy, sunless long weekend:

Bread with Tirolean ham, asparagus, egg. I got thin asparagus especially for this and the mousse below.

9F2F1v8.jpg 

mE9q2Pn.jpgmE9q2Pn.jpg

Asparagus mousse (with cream, chopped dill and gelatin added). Nice to spread on bread as is. Also goes with cooked prawns or what I have made, cured salmon.

0ZNjaKX.jpg

Cured some salmon again with lots of whisky and crushed juniper berries this time. These strips are from the flesh around the cavity. There's still the loin, for something else.

BpWH99f.jpg