• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Keurig Coke Machine

JoNorvelleWalker

baking soda ?

interesting.

Im wondering what the NaCl content of these drinks are

if you're young, Industrial Sugar from ConAgra will shorten your life.

if you're a bit older, Industrial Salt will make you're last few years 'taste-less'

ever tried No-Salt chicken broth ?

even better

early spring and early fall  'Coke' 12 packs  ( various flavors to addict you to BigSugar or BigDiet ) are < 2 bucks  might even be 1 buck

(  like   Try Our Crack   or Heroin   'Blue Tops !  get your Blue Tops  ed.:  The Wire )

this is for Swells that have not checked their Recent Position in the Markets. 

Edited by rotuts (log)

Soda Stream, a great tool for carbonating water, offers Coke and other syrups to flavor the water.  They syrups get almost no traction as a retail product.  Can't imagine a Kuerig doing much better at a buck+/ glass + the machine to make it with.

The SodaStream is great and I love mine, but their syrups are their own house brand and don't really taste like The Real Thing. We keep their syrups on hand mostly in case of emergency (though some, like the root beer and orange soda, are decent enough). You can buy name-brand syrup, but I've only been able to find it in 5 gallon "bag in box" containers -- which is both expensive and space-hogging.