• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

Add a word for clarity

Trader Joe's Organic Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup

Many of us, at least here in the US, enjoyed Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup as kids, and, I'm sure, many people still enjoy it as adults.  It's considered by many to be a "comfort food," especially when served alongside a grilled cheese sandwich.  I've been enjoying a more interesting version of tomato soup over the years, compliments of our good friends at Trader Joe's.

I usually buy the organic, low sodium version, but TJ's also has an organic version with more salt, if that's your preference, and perhaps a non-organic version as well.  I always add some red pepper flakes, usually Aleppo pepper flakes, and sometimes add a diced jarred roasted red pepper to it as well.  Now that's a bowl of comfort for me, along with a grilled cheese sandwich made with some Chipotle Jack from the Winters Cheese Company in Northern California.

Roasted Red Pepper Soup Small.jpg

Shel_B

Shel_B

Trader Joe's Organic Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup

Many of us, at least here in the US, enjoyed Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup as kids, and, I'm sure, many people still enjoy it as adults.  It's considered by many to be a "comfort food," especially when served alongside a grilled cheese sandwich.  I've been enjoying a more interesting version of tomato soup over the years, compliments of our good friends at Trader Joe's.

I usually buy the organic, low sodium version, but TJ's also has an organic version with more salt, if that's your preference, and a non-organic version as well.  I always add some red pepper flakes, usually Aleppo pepper flakes, and sometimes add a diced jarred roasted red pepper to it as well.  Now that's a bowl of comfort for me, along with a grilled cheese sandwich made with some Chipotle Jack from the Winters Cheese Company in Northern California.

Roasted Red Pepper Soup Small.jpg